Sunday, January 1, 2012

Welcome 2012!! Or something

Another year has come and gone.  Whats so great about that?  Im still 28. Im still 60lbs overweight. Im still living at my parents house.  I still have bill collectors calling.  I still have a transmission leak in my van.  Who the heck decided that a new year means "a clean slate" or any of that crap?  Isnt the celebration of the new year just another excuse to overeat and drink too much?  I think yes.  Heres what I KNOW will happen in 2012: I will have another birthday, hitting the forever 29 mark.  My kids will all have another birthday making them one year older, and me feeling 10 years older.  I will have a child start Jr. high. JR HIGH I say!!  Damn you 2012!  Sure, all my 2012 rantings are about age.  Mostly my own.  Ok, I guess it comes down to being all about my own.  Every new year brings me that much closer to 30 which I know Im not at all ready for, but thats a whole other can of worms for another time.  A time that will probably come as my 29th birthday is looming.  Back to the new years crap.  Will my life get better because of the new year? Of course not.  The only positive that actually comes from the changing of the year is that I have another tax return to look forward to.  Yay for  0 interest government savings accounts!  Although Ive got that sucker way past spent already.  Anyway, damn my wandering mind.  I do have goals for 2012.  I wont call them resolutions.  These are the things I expect accomplished by the time 2013 rolls around (yes, Im pretty sure 2013 will happen. Josh seems pretty sure that Dec 21 2012 only marks the day the anti-christ is born, not the actual end of the world.  That wont happen til 2060 according to sir Isaac Newton.  See, I know stuff lmao)  Heres my list for your viewing pleasure.  Judge how you will.
Goal 1-the good ole weight loss goal.  Its timeless, isnt it?  I have phenomenal goals for my body this year, and Im ready to get my Dr involved this time, not just pout when my hard work doesnt pay off (and by that I mean possible medical reasons for not losing weight.  Not plastic surgery and that junk. Although I wont push aside the idea of lapband/gastric bypass later in the year, but again, another time) My timeline is as follows;
Jan 27-down %5 of my total body weight
April 27- down %10 of starting weight
Aug 21-down %20 of starting weight
Dec 31- a total loss of 60lbs.
Goal 2- have a house.  Preferably a home we own.  But at this point Im not too picky.  We just better not be living here another year.
Goal 3- Time management.  I want to DO more with my time.  Actually DO the things I find on pinterest not just pretend I might lol
Goal 4- relationships.  I want a better marriage and a stronger family.  Obviously this is one that I can do alone, but hoping I can get the ball rolling in the right direction.

I think that will do for now.  I dont want to overwhelm myself, after all.  So, I wish you luck in your new years endeavors, and I might update about these things.  Although in my experience, If I dont update, Ive probably given up.  So heres hoping for updates! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment